Wednesday, August 8th - Friday, August 17th, 2018
The Ontario Modern Language Teachers’ Association/Association ontarienne des professeurs de langues vivantes, in conjunction with the Ontario Ministry of Education and Perspectives Eduscho will be offering Projet à Moncton – an intensive, 10-day immersion program for French as a Second Language (FSL) Teachers.
Applicants will be selected using the following criteria:
- previous participants of Projet à Québec are eligible to attend Projet à Moncton!
- Current full-time FSL (Core French, Extended French, or French Immersion) teacher who will be teaching FSL in the coming school year for the majority of their teaching time and who would benefit from being immersed in the French language outside the classroom
- At least one year experience teaching FSL in an Ontario publicly-funded English-language school board
- Explanation of reasons for taking the course, desire to improve French language ability, importance of culture, wish to embed learning in future teaching and willingness to share with colleagues
- Desire to understand Acadian and Indigenous cultures and francophonie within Canada and to incorporate this into course materials for students
- Desire to connect with and develop a network of colleagues throughout Ontario
- A letter of recommendation from the school principal or school board language coordinator outlining the benefits to students of the teacher participating in the program
The Ministry of Education will fund:
- Accommodations at the Université de Moncton residences for the duration of the program
- Professional development courses during the program
- Transportation to and from the activities during the program
- Entry fees for organized activities
Participants are responsible to pay the following fees:
- $250 deposit (payable by PayPal or cheque, upon acceptance), $200 of which will be refunded upon successful completion of the program and the additional $50 upon completion of the final reflection
- Transportation to and from Moncton
- All meals (with the exception of those specified in the itinerary)
- Daily transportation to additional activities (as needed)
- Additional optional services at the Université de Moncton Residences (fridge, laundry, etc.)
Online registration for this event OPEN.
Registration will close on Monday, April 30th, 2018!