Join the OMLTA
Why become a member?
OMLTA/AOPLV members receive…
- Monthly update on the latest issues and happenings in French as a Second Language and International Languages education in Ontario
- Quarterly issue of Communication, the OMLTA’s professional magazine that provides ideas for best practice in the second language classroom, professional resource reviews, interviews with key personnel in second language education, and updates on how OMLTA is advocating for optimal teaching and learning conditions in French as a Second Language and International Languages across the province
- Discounted membership with CASLT/ACPLS
- Advocacy on their behalf at the Ministry of Education and School Board levels
- Tools to help FSL and IL teachers advocate for themselves and their programs at the school levels
- Reduced conference fees at our annual Conferences
- Access to bursaries to our Conferences
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting
- Opportunities to join the OMLTA Board of Directors
- Access to annual awards that recognize FSL and IL teaching excellence
- Access to bursaries for educational exchanges to Spain and Italy
- Opportunities to participate in Projet à Québec, our première summer immersion experience
- Opportunities to present their own best-practice ideas at conferences and webinars
- Access to opportunities to work with colleagues from across the province on exciting resource writing-projects (e.g., Revised Curriculum support documents, financial literacy in the second language classroom, etc.)
- Access to our Members-only library on our website, which contains a huge range of resources for all FSL and IL teachers, from conference materials to fact sheets to useful websites to lesson plans
- Opportunities to collaborate with a vast network of FSL and IL educators from across the province
Join the OMLTA today!
Starting in 2017, membership to the OMLTA/AOPLV runs from the date of purchase until the same date the following year.
We are pleased to be offering two different payment models going forward. You are now able to purchase a one-year membership OR you can subscribe and have your membership automatically renew via PayPal each year!
To begin the registration process, please click the button or link for the appropriate membership level in the table below and proceed to Paypal payment.
After your payment is processed by PayPal, you will be redirected to an online registration page to complete your membership.
OMLTA Membership Options
We offer a joint membership with the following partners:
- Association canadienne des professionnels de l’immersion (ACPI)
Join for only $20 more! (regular ACPI membership costs $45).
- Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers (CASLT)
Join for only $16.95 more! (regular CASLT membership costs $45).
Expires after 1 Year
Automatically Charged Annually *
|OMLTA Retired ($20.00)|
|OMLTA/ACPI/CASLT Retired ($56.95)|
|OMLTA/ACPI Retired ($40.00)|
|OMLTA/CASLT Retired ($36.95)|
* If you choose a Subscription Plan, it will be automatically billed via PayPal on the date of purchase each year for as long as your plan is active. You may cancel your subscription plan at any time.
A complimentary membership is provided to Teacher Candidates/Student-Teachers of French and/or an International Language who are currently enrolled in a recognized teacher education program that will lead to Ontario teacher certification. Student-Teacher memberships are not available to post-graduate students (e.g., M.Ed. or PhD students).
Student-Teacher memberships exclude voting rights and the right to hold office on the board of directors.
Proof of enrolment in a teacher education program will be requested by the OMLTA Office. Student-Teachers/Teacher Candidates may hold this type of membership for a maximum of two academic years, while completing a teacher education program. Complimentary memberships may be rescinded at any time at the discretion of the OMLTA Office.
If you qualify and would like to apply for a Student-Teacher membership, please click here to begin the registration process. Our staff will activate your account when your enrollment in the faculty of education you select is confirmed.
Student teachers who are interested in memberships with ACPI and/or CASLT should contact these organizations directly.