COMMUNICATION MAGAZINE IS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS!
Communication Magazine is looking for dynamic volunteers for its ‘Reach-Out Committee’! As a member of the Reach-Out Committee, you would help the editor by inviting/recruiting various individuals to write an article for OMLTA’s Communication Magazine. Communication Magazine comes out three times a year in mid-October, February/March and June. OMLTA members want to read articles which are practical, informative, current and thought-provoking. There should be a cross-section of articles about Core, Extended, and Immersion French and International Languages from many different grade levels and many different geographical areas, as well as from different perspectives such as administrative, classroom, board and/or system level, itinerant, managerial, continuing education, faculty of education, adult learning, private schools, etc. Here are some ideas of articles which OMLTA members would enjoy reading:
- Classroom lessons which have worked well;
- Successful school-wide events that have fostered a love of culture and language amongst students, staff and/or admin;
- Class trips which have been successful;
- Review of effective and useful resources, websites, and books;
- Technological innovations;
- Classroom management success and/or challenges in FSL;
- Advice for our members with respect to any current Modern Language policies and/or curriculum expectations;
- Reference to any businesses or suppliers of French or Modern Language products, books, resources, etc.;
- Words of wisdom for Modern Language Educators in the province of Ontario;
- Any other interested novelty regarding FSL or International Languages
- Ministry of Education project development and/or involvement
- Board-level projects and/or leadership with FSL/IL.
This is a great professional development, personal growth, and networking opportunity. Email Ida Continenza, Editor, at email@example.com with your resume and a brief paragraph or two explaining why you think you would be a good on the Communication Reach-Out Committee. The due date for the next issue of Communication is October 1st.
Thank you for your interest and for “reaching out”!